Somvati Amavasya 2023: Somvati Amavasya is falling on 20 February. Worshiping Bholenath and Mother Parvati on this day gives special results. On this day married women also fast for the long life of their husbands and worship the Peepal tree. Due to which auspicious fruit is obtained.
Significance of Peepal Puja on Amavasya
- Tridev resides in Peepal tree.
- Water and milk should be offered to the root and then worship should be done with flowers, akshat, sandalwood etc.
- Peepal tree should be circled 108 times with a thread.
- A lamp should be lit under the Peepal tree.
- After this, donating is also considered auspicious.
- By following these rules Pitra Dosha, Griha Dosha and Shani Dosha are removed, peace remains in the family.
The fast of Somvati Amavasya should be observed with complete rituals. Let us tell you how to worship on this day.
Worship method on Somvati Amavasya
- Wake up early in the Brahma Muhurta and take bath etc.
- On this day, bathe in the holy river and Arghya is offered to the Sun God.
- Ganga bath has more importance on the day of Somvati Amavasya. That’s why do take a bath in the Ganges.
- If you are not able to go out to take a bath, then take a bath at home by adding a little Gangajal to the bath water.
- Worship of Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati.
- On the day of Somavati Amavasya, married women worship Peepal tree.
- Lord Shankar is duly worshiped on the day of Somvati Amavasya, it is believed that worshiping Lord Shiva strengthens the moon.
- Gayatri Mantra should be chanted on this day.
- One should worship ancestors and wish for salvation.
- After worship, one should donate food or clothes to the poor or needy.
- Worshiping Goddess Lakshmi on this day is also considered auspicious.
Somvati Amavasya 2023: Married women must do this special remedy on Somvati Amavasya, it is beneficial for husband’s long life
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not confirm any kind of recognition, information. Before implementing any information or belief, consult the relevant expert.
Add a Comment